Friday, August 21, 2009

A Very Long Week

I'm sitting in bed at 1:45 on Friday afternoon writing this. The good news is, I finally have Internet access at my house. The not so great news is that after a week of getting "the basics" in place, I am completely exhausted.

Imagine setting up a new household - starting from scratch - needing everything from toilet paper to pans to furniture. Then, image needing to figure out how to get around - finding temporary transportation while also looking for vehicles to purchase. Then, imagine establishing a new legal entity for doing business and navigating all the legal aspects, logistics of finding an office, getting equipment and then imagine managing a major project with a lot of stakeholders and needing to establish a team & hire staff. Oh, and then imagine having 2 kids who have been dropped onto another planet as far as they're concerned & you're their only familiar thing (thus, they are with me & needing me every moment they're not at day camp - including sleeping in my bed). Not easy - then add the additional element of doing all this in a developing country, not having any friends or support network yet.

So, I guess it's understandable that by 9:00 this morning, it was really clear to me that I needed to spend at least part of the day in bed. Hoping to get some photos up soon - my Iphone was "unlocked" to so I can use a local SIM card. It was also wiped of all Iphone software, so am having a hard time with syncing it, uploading pictures, etc. One of many things yet to sort out.

No comments:

Post a Comment