Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Countdown

The countdown has begun - 1 week from now, we'll be on the plane headed to Ghana. I'm currently in Washington DC meeting all the Grameen HQ folks. I'm exhausted from 2 incredibly full days of meetings and amazed by the fact that in my new world a trip to DC feels like a quick 2-day hop.

When I get home, I've got the final move-out of the house, the packing of everything we "think" we'll need into about 6 suitcases and the wrap-up of busy work like filling out forms, banking stuff and generally tying up loose ends in the US. And, all they goodbyes. They've already begun, but the big ones are ahead of us.

My hope is that I get through the week with efficiency in getting the "stuff" done and presence and grace with saying goodbye and enjoying moments with friends & family - while staying well nourished & rested (whew!). I keep reminding myself that there's email, Skype and airplanes. Please use them :) All for now - off to catch a plane back to Seattle.......

No comments:

Post a Comment