Friday, August 28, 2009

Almost Like Home

We finally got our furniture. We ordered cane furniture from a furniture maker on the side of the row in section of town where there are loads of furniture makers. Sophie & I picked out material for the couch cushions & a tailors made them. We've now got beds, a couch, table & chairs and a few shelves. Feels good to be a bit settled. Last week, I broke down and bought a small TV and got satellite hooked up. I know, that's a minor miracle. For those of you who know me at home, I haven't had TV for a couple of years. I was desperate. I needed something to keep the kids occupied so I could breathe for a moment!

Tomorrow, we're getting out of the city and staying at a small beachfront bungalow place. Sounds very off the beaten path & we're looking forward to breathing some fresh air and swimming in the ocean (and I can't wait to pass out in a hammock!). The place looks great http://www.ko-sa.com/ and is only about $35/night for a bungalow. I'll report back after our weekend.

When we return, the kids start school on Tuesday. They just got their uniforms yesterday & they look so darn cute in their little green outfits, white socks & brown shoes :)

Hopefully, I'll get around to posting some pictures next week. Missing home & all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment