Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ashes, Ashes We All Stay on the Ground

I've spent much of the week trying to get a flight to London to make the medical appts. I've got scheduled.  Unfortunately, I did not make it out of Ghana prior to the ash cloud erupting and floating oh so slowly over Europe.  My insurance company finally called last night and they've gotten me a flight out Monday night - on Afriqiyah Airlines via Tripoli, Libya.  Seriously.  This medical trip to London will no doubt be even more of an adventure than I had already thought.  I really hope I don't get stranded in Libya.  Not exactly a woman-friendly or American-friendly place to find yourself unexpectedly grounded. 

I found myself getting very stressed over the whole ordeal of getting a flight.  Then, I realized that it didn't matter whether I had a ticket or not - the ash cloud would determine whether and when I get to London.  I took several deep breaths and decided that this is just one, big cosmic lesson for us all - all our technology, pushing a button and getting what we want when we want it - is all just an illusion of some sort of control. In the end, it's Mother Nature and all of her amazing forces that controls what really goes on.  I'll be appealing to her for a lift in the cloud that allows me to get safely into and out of Tripoli and landed safely on the ground in London..........

No comments:

Post a Comment