Thursday, September 10, 2009

One Question Answered

Many things here are great mystery. I can live with that and it's always fun to discover the answers (e.g. why is it so important to have a water tank at your house? Because the municipal water system turns off seemingly randomly). So, when I looked at houses I wondered why all the expat houses have so many bathrooms. My house is relatively small by expat standards and I have 4 bathrooms. Now, I know why. As mentioned earlier, Sophie had serious tummy troubles a couple days ago. She's gotten better, but it has persisted. Yesterday, Xavier started complaining of his tummy "pulsating" he started having fevers well over 102 and by the end of the day was spending a fair amount of time in the bathroom. This morning, his fever was way down, but he came into my room at 5:45 saying that his lungs felt blocked. Next thing I know, he has puked all over my bed - good morning, Momma! The morning continued on this way, Sophie and Xavy each running to the bathroom. All of a sudden, I understood why foreigners need so many bathrooms in their houses :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, ha ha ha! AND... I am SOOOoooooo sorry! But you tell the story with such grim gusto that I have to laugh!

    ReplyDelete